Seattle — First Hill Construction Numbers
In early August the Seattle Department of Transportation reported that 2,000 feet of track had been installed along the route of the new First HIll streetcar line.
The $134 million line will ultimately connect First Hill, Capitol Hill, the International District/Chinatown, and Pioneer Square.
SDOT reported other figures relating to the construction project:
- 900 feet of finished track slab (rail with concrete encasement) on Broadway between Howell and Pine.
- Nearly 25,000 feet of rail welded into 235-foot sections, and being installed along the alignment.
- About 35 underground utility structures installed or modified.
- Eight streetcar track drains installed.
- 700 feet of water main installed on Jackson and Broadway.
- 200 feet of electrical duct bank installed.